Re: [HACKERS] Re: Case-folding bogosity in new psql

From: Don Baccus <dhogaza(at)pacifier(dot)com>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: Case-folding bogosity in new psql
Date: 2000-02-01 02:43:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers
At 02:37 AM 2/1/00 +0000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

>My current favorite feature: command history across psql sessions.

Mine...errors referencing file name and line number.

Invaluable when porting over literally thousands of lines of sql
from Oracle.

Well, technically not "invaluable" since I managed to get an
earlier version of this data model ported over 6.5.

So I guess we'll have to settle for "damned valuable".

Psql's MUCH nicer than SQL*Plus, which doesn't seem to be even
dimly aware that it's running on a modern unix system...

  http://donb.photo.net.