RE: [HACKERS] Re: [BUGS] Dropped connection during COPY causes t

From: Don Baccus <dhogaza(at)pacifier(dot)com>
To: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: RE: [HACKERS] Re: [BUGS] Dropped connection during COPY causes t
Date: 1999-07-22 04:07:48
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

At 09:48 PM 7/21/99 -0400, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

>I've seen these complaints on other lists for other programs (mail, news,
>web, etc...). IMO it's more of an administration issue than an OS issue
>or even something for the program filling it. The admin needs to know
>what's running on his/her system and how to handle the logs (and the
>rotating of) accordingly.

Well, there are programs that allow automatic rotating of logs, of
course. AOLserver - the webserver I use with Postgres - is one
example. I think I can limit the size of a log, too, but would
have to check.

It seems like a useful feature for any 24/7 service.

Nature photos, on-line guides, and other goodies at
http://donb.photo.net