Re: [INTERFACES] lo_export & pgaccess

From: "Ken J(dot) Wright" <ken(at)ori-ind(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] lo_export & pgaccess
Date: 1999-06-29 19:44:50
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Got it!!!

libpgtcl's Makefile points to ../libpq -lpq, but 2 things:

1) there is not a sym link to libpq.so.2.0 in this directory, so it fails.
2) Makefile.shlib is included *after* this line & re-defines SHLIB_LINK
without -lpq. Some testing showed that make used the last definition as
opposed to the first (although I remember it is as just the opposite, will
have to consult the make book). I had to move the line containing
Makefile.shlib *above* the one containing the SHLIB_LINK declaration.

So after creating a sym link to libpq.so and shuffling the above 2 lines,
it finally linked correctly! Apparently, ld does not use the cache that
ldconfig maintains, because the cache contained the proper pointers to
/usr/local/pgsql/lib...

Ahh... I'm feeling much better now... really... And yes, I do love 6.5!!!

Thanks for all the pointers (no pun, really!)

Ken