Re: [INTERFACES] lo_export & pgaccess

From: "Ken J(dot) Wright" <ken(at)ori-ind(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] lo_export & pgaccess
Date: 1999-06-29 18:10:27
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Ok, back to it now.....

I have always had to add the -crypt info to Makefile.shlib because I also
use libpq in other projects. I don't believe this is a crypt problem,
because ldd for libpgtcl.so shows the dependency on libcrypt.so.1. pgaccess
will run with the old libpgtcl.so.1 library accept for some new status
features that cause it to bomb. But I have yet to be successful with 6.4 or
6.5. 6.4 fails to load libpgtcl.so because of undefined symbol
"pgresStatus", and 6.5 fails because of undefined symbol "lo_export". I
have these problems on various RedHat 5.2 & 6.0 machines, so it is not
specific to one box.

Wait, hold on... I just did "ldd libpgtcl.so" on a working 6.4 box & it
shows a dependency on libpq.so.1. This seems normal! So why does my present
(failing) libpgtcl not have a dependency on libpq built in!!??.

Ken