Unattended install of Windows ODBC driver

From: Jamie Walker <jamie(at)sagaxis(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Unattended install of Windows ODBC driver
Date: 2000-08-22 15:06:04
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Is there any way to coax the ODBC driver to install itself without any
user intervention? I'd like to code my app so that if it finds that the
ODBC driver isn't installed, then it installs it over the LAN - so it
would obviously be better if the user didn't have to click through the
installation wizard. It looks like the driver is packaged with an old
version of InstallShield which doesn't support the unattended install
options of the newer versions - maybe the syntax has changed?

Any ideas?

Thanks!
--
Jamie Walker "While there are no known bugs in it, it might
jamie(at)sagaxis(dot)co(dot)uk destroy your filesystems, eat your data and