Re: Bad performance of SELECT ... where id IN (...)

From: Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz <gryzman(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Xia Qingran <qingran(dot)xia(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bad performance of SELECT ... where id IN (...)
Date: 2009-09-26 17:58:35
Lists: pgsql-performance
if you reuse that set a lot, how about storing it in a table , and doing the
join on db side ? if it is large, it sometimes makes sense to create temp
table just for single query (I use that sort of stuff for comparing with few
M records).
But temp tables in that case have to be short lived, as they can't reuse
space (no FSM in temporary table world I'm afraid, I hope it will be fixed
at some stage tho).