Re: Scalability in postgres

From: Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz <gryzman(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, Flavio Henrique Araque Gurgel <flavio(at)4linux(dot)com(dot)br>, Fabrix <fabrixio1(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Scalability in postgres
Date: 2009-05-29 13:07:45
Lists: pgsql-performance
damn I agree with you Scott. I wish I had enough cash here to employ
Tom and other pg magicians to improve performance for all of us ;)

Thing is tho, postgresql is mostly used by companies, that either
don't have that sort of cash, but still like to get the performance,
or companies that have 'why pay if it is free' policy.

now, about UK, combined with Ireland still is bit smaller than US ;)
I don't know how about US, but in UK most companies still believe that
MSCE personnel, few windows servers, with mssql are the best thing you
can get... so.

Oracle is really used by very very small minority.