Re: Storing sensor data

From: Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz <gryzman(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alexander Staubo <alex(at)bengler(dot)no>
Cc: Ivan Voras <ivoras(at)freebsd(dot)org>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Storing sensor data
Date: 2009-05-28 15:39:55
Lists: pgsql-performance
depends on how soon do you need to access that data after it's being
created, the way I do it in my systems, I get data from 8 points, bit
less than you - but I dump it to csv, and import it on database host
(separate server).
now, you could go to BDB or whatever, but that's not the solution.

So, I would try dumping it to a file, and have separate process, maybe
separete server that would import it, store it, as database. Whatever
you do, as guys said - partition.