Re: Problems with autovacuum

From: Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz <gryzman(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Łukasz Jagiełło <lukasz(dot)jagiello(at)gforces(dot)pl>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problems with autovacuum
Date: 2009-05-25 15:50:35
Lists: pgsql-performance

2009/5/25 Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>:

> So, in 2000 databases, there's only an average of 2 relations per db
> and 102 dead rows?  Cause that's all you got room for with those
> settings.
>
> Whats the last 20 or so lines of vacuum verbose as run by a superuser say?

according to http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/runtime-config-resource.html
max_fsm_relations applies only to tables and indices, and it says "in
database", so I presume that means per database. In which case, those
settings are ok.
It would be nice, to see if vacuum actually complains about it.

--
GJ