Re: Replication Syatem

From: "Pavan Deolasee" <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Gauri Kanekar" <meetgaurikanekar(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Shane Ambler" <pgsql(at)sheeky(dot)biz>, "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Greg Smith" <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Replication Syatem
Date: 2008-04-30 07:25:30
Lists: pgsql-performance
On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 12:16 PM, Gauri Kanekar
<meetgaurikanekar(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> fillfactor is set to 80 as you suggested.
> delta* fields r updated and these fields are no where related to any of the
> index fields.

That's weird. With that fillfactor, you should have a very high
percentage of HOT update ratio. It could be a very special case that
we might be looking at. I think a self contained test case or a very
detail explanation of the exact usage is what we need to explain this
behavior. You may also try dropping non-critical indexes and test
again.

Btw, I haven't been able to reproduce this at my end. With the given
indexes and kind of updates, I get very high percentage of HOT
updates.

Thanks,
Pavan

--