Re: After updating dataset the record goes to the end of the dataset

From: "Pavan Deolasee" <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Nacef LABIDI" <nacef(dot)l(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: depesz(at)depesz(dot)com, "Roland Voegtli" <voegtli(at)scnat(dot)ch>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: After updating dataset the record goes to the end of the dataset
Date: 2008-04-22 10:45:10
Lists: pgsql-sql
On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 4:01 PM, Nacef LABIDI <nacef(dot)l(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I am writing an application where here is some resources to plan events on.
> I want to provide the user with the ability to customize the order in which
> resources are displayed on the screen.

To hope that the database would do that automatically for you is IMHO
wrong. One way I can think of is to store the ordering information
along with the user and then fetch the items in the desired order
while displaying. Isn't that what you would anyway require if there
are multiple users and each one wants to see the items in a different
order ?

Thanks,
Pavan

--