Re: HOT synced with HEAD

From: "Pavan Deolasee" <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: HOT synced with HEAD
Date: 2007-09-16 17:30:07
Lists: pgsql-patches
On 9/16/07, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> BTW, I'm in process of taking out the separate HEAPTUPLE_DEAD_CHAIN
> return value from HeapTupleSatisfiesVacuum.

I agree. I myself suggested doing so earlier in the discussion (I actually
even removed this before I sent out the add-on patch last night, but then
reverted back because I realized at least it is required at one place)
The place where I thought its required is to avoid marking an index tuple
dead
even though the corresponding root tuple is dead and the root tuple was
HOT updated. But seems like you have already put in a different mechanism
to handle that. So we should be able to get rid of HEAPTUPLE_DEAD_CHAIN.

Thanks,
Pavan

--
Pavan Deolasee