Re: PostgreSQL and Java on WindowsXP

From: "Damian Carey" <jamianb(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL and Java on WindowsXP
Date: 2008-03-31 07:09:42
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 8:12 AM, Vismaster46 <vismaster46(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I need to install on my local Windows XP machine PostgreSQL to test
> The trouble is that I cannot connect to PostgreSQL via Java
> application, because the connection fails every time...what's the
> problem?

Sorry, but you have not provided any clues!
- What connection is failing? Any error messages / stack traces available?
- Can you connect to the DB via (say) pgAdminIII ???
- How have you set it all up???
-How is it set up when not on XP??? (I guess it works there?)

We use PG / Java / XP every day and it works like a charm. We use Hibernate.

>I have not installed PL/Java package cause my Postgre
> installer disabled this option...it is the matter???
No - nothing to do with it.

Cheer,
-Damian