Re: Can I have a look at your TuningWizard generated config file?

From: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
Cc: Jennifer Trey <jennifer(dot)trey(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can I have a look at your TuningWizard generated config file?
Date: 2009-07-31 21:09:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Greg!

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 11:43 AM, Greg Smith<gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com> wrote:

> As such, I know I really don't want to see any such output show up on one of
> these mailing lists.  The PostgreSQL community at large should avoid
> learning what they're doing just so it's clear that any open development
> work here isn't taking their ideas.  I hope no one actually shows the output
> from the program downthread, once I read this message I deleted everything
> else in it so at least I stay clean.

What exactly is the concern? I'm for healthy paranoia, but I'd like to
know what exactly you're paranoid about.

I'd rather resolve whatever is bothering you by being direct and
talking to EDB (if whatever this is can be changed), than to have you
desperately deleting threads.

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com/daily - me