Re: Code snippet hosting?

From: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Code snippet hosting?
Date: 2009-03-19 18:59:06
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 11:51 AM, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>wrote:

> > So let's use whatever we can get up quickly. If we're going to use a
> > wiki for this, though, can it be a separate wiki from
> > wiki.postgresql.org?
>
> Ugh, please no. We have too many domains and sites as it is: we should
> be moving towards consolidation, not expansion.

+1

A nice format, with an easily distinguishable tag would be sweet. Then we
could publish a feed of the changes, and let people re-mix/re-format as
they'd like.

Greg - could you make something based on the 'show highlighted code'
example? That included a section for tags, and a description?

i.e. http://forge.mysql.com/tools/tool.php?id=85

If the wiki needs something to get the code snippets looking nice, etc.,
> let me know, I've gotten pretty handy with MediaWiki lately. Speaking
> of which, we should upgrade the wiki to a recent stable version (and
> upgrade
> the PG backend as well)

+10 (I'm not volunteering to do it, however.)

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
Open Source Bridge - http://www.opensourcebridge.org