Re: Now get off my back :P

From: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: justin <justin(at)emproshunts(dot)com>
Cc: jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Now get off my back :P
Date: 2009-02-11 23:37:05
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 2:58 PM, justin <justin(at)emproshunts(dot)com> wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> I have to renew my passport it expired last year.  The process to get
> passports is nuts these days.

The two times I've gotten a passport, I found the process efficient
and stress-free.

I printed out a PDF off the internet, and had to give one of my
parents a call to figure out a few details. I have an atypical parent
situation - but apparently parent information is not cross checked by
passport officials with state records.

In anycase, I stopped by a photo place that is one block from the post
office and paid $7 for a couple silly photos.

Then, I walked into a post office, handed over some cash that I got
from an ATM and the form, had a pleasant conversation with a very nice
person and bought some stamps on my way out the door.

Three to five weeks later each time, I had a passport. So far, I've
been lucky enough not to get one with an RFID in it (get our your tin
foil, JD).  My husband had a similar experience, and we paid a few
extra dollars to get his rushed to us for a school trip to Germany
last year.

All is not wrong in the world of passport bureaucracy.

Selena Deckelmann
Open Source Bridge -
Me -