Re: Draft bylaws are now available

From: "Selena Deckelmann" <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Draft bylaws are now available
Date: 2008-06-10 18:55:06
Lists: pgus-general

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 8:32 AM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:

> On Monday 09 June 2008 23:43, Selena Deckelmann wrote:
>> On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 12:13 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
>> > "If additional Director positions are added, such Directors will be
>> > allocated to those who terms expire at the annual meeting and those whose
>> > terms expire at the semi-annual meeting for the purpose of maintaining
>> > approximately equal groups of Directors whose terms expire at the annual
>> > meeting and the semi-annual meeting of the members."

> Here's my suggestion:
>
> "If additional Director positions are added, the terms of those directors will
> be decided by the existing directors at the time of appointment to be any
> length equal to or less than a standard single term."

That sounds reasonable to me. I'll do some reviewing and see if this
impacts any other areas of the bylaws.

>> I don't know that we need the eighteen month term in the bylaws,
>
> Well, the initial terms of directors does need to be set in the bylaws. Where
> else would it be?

Hah. Right. I don't know what I was thinking.

> Agreed. I'd prefer to have an annual election at one of the
> postgresqlconference.org series, with some provision for online
> participation.

Cool! So, the current proposal is that we have elections in the fall,
and people are 'seated' in March. I like this rhythm, and it gives
plenty of time for transition.

> This also brings up another point: how valuable is it to have the staggered
> 4/3 6-month elections?

I think the current proposal eliminates the need for this. Yay!

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
United States PostgreSQL Association - http://www.postgresql.us