Re: Is starting PGUS realistic?

From: "Selena Deckelmann" <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is starting PGUS realistic?
Date: 2008-06-10 01:16:19
Lists: pgus-general
Hi Josh,

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 6:02 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
> Most of us know from SPI and previous attempts at PostgreSQL incorporation
> that running an NPO requires a pretty significant time commitment.  Yet,
> the bylaws thread and the pgus web site have languished without any
> regular attention from the three of you because you're busy with your
> jobs.

It isn't accurate to say that it is languishing. Sure, the blog hasn't
been updated, but to be honest, most non-profits don't even have
blogs!  Not a fair measure.

There's been a lot of work, it has not been published on the -general list.

Over the next week, JD, Michael and I can weigh in here on changes to
the bylaws being made right now, that have incorporated the feedback
we've gotten from you and others.

I will post my opinions this evening.  JD may beat me to it, so I
won't say that I'll 'kick things off' :)

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
United States PostgreSQL Association - http://www.postgresql.us