Re: replace training blurb with upcoming pug meetings?

From: "Selena Deckelmann" <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: w^3 <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: replace training blurb with upcoming pug meetings?
Date: 2008-05-28 17:55:16
Lists: pgsql-www

[sorry i sent that to you directly, magnus]

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 10:47 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
> Robert Treat wrote:
>> In an effort to give more visibility to the pugs, one idea that was
>> floated around was replacing the training blurb on the main site with
>> an "upcoming pugs" section, modeled after the upcoming events. The
>> training blurb would then be changed to a direct link saying "looking
>> for training?" (or similar) which would take you to the full training
>> page. There are some logistical issues that would need to be worked
>> out to make this happen, but before we go down that path, I wanted to
>> get a general consensus on the idea. thoughts?
>
> Any way we can have both? I agree it's a good idea to get upcoming
> pugs, but I'd like to keep the training info somehow.
>
> Do we get an RSS feed off the pugs site that you were planning to use?

Not yet. That's the "logistical issues" Robert is referring to.

I think I know what to do - there's an iCal microformat we can use,
and I'd just need to add a few fields to the default blog entries.

Probably will take me a few days to get to.

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
United States PostgreSQL Association - http://www.postgresql.us