NEXT MEETING: December 11, 7-10pm, CubeSpace

From: "Selena Deckelmann" <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Postgresql PDX_Users" <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: NEXT MEETING: December 11, 7-10pm, CubeSpace
Date: 2007-11-27 18:04:54
Lists: pdxpug

When: TUESDAY December 11, 2007, 7-10pm
What: December Coder's Social
http://pdxgroups.pbwiki.org/2007%20December%20Coders%20Social
Where: CubeSpace, http://www.cubespacepdx.com/
622 SE Grand Ave., Portland OR 97214

Join the rest of the local coding community in our first big group
event! Sam from the PHP Users Group is leading this effort, and so
far, it sounds like a ton of folks from the XP, Perl, PHP, Python and
maybe even Ruby groups will be there.

We had not planned on a regular meeting this month. If you'd like to
have a regular meeting, let me know and suggest a topic. We still have
the room reserved at FreeGeek.

From the webpage:

Pizza and Beverage will be provided. Also there will be many Geek type
events with Prizes.

Come Prepared: Write your best WTF script and present it to the group.
Attendees will vote for the best and the author will recieve a copy
of "Beautiful Code"

Some other events we are considering (subject to change due to group
consensus)...

* I remember when, the BS game (any story of geekery, starting
with "I remember when" or "I was there when" allowed, and then you
call BS or not.
* Name That Language. Snippets from obscure and entertaining
languages posted. Can you recognize an algorithm in whitespace if it's
surrounded by poetry?
* 5 Minute Code Sprints: 5 minutes to solve a problem. Prove your
language best, or shortest, or most obscure. Whatever you like.
* "I can name that programming language in 3 lines of code": Name
that language Duels. Challenge your opponent that you can name a
Programing language by seeing less lines of code than them.

--
Selena Deckelmann
PDXPUG - Portland PostgreSQL Users Group