Re: [Fwd: [pgsql-advocacy] New Zealand PostgreSQL Users' Group]

From: "Selena Deckelmann" <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "PostgreSQL www" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: [pgsql-advocacy] New Zealand PostgreSQL Users' Group]
Date: 2007-10-11 16:42:55
Lists: pgsql-www
On 10/11/07, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> >

> > No clue, I don't maintain that site ... and JoshB mentioned that it is 'MT
> > backed', so *really* have no clue as to where you would change the look ...
>
> We'd need to upgrade it significantly, probably change the underlying
> tech to something like Drupal which is a little more configrable than
> MT.  The MT basis for PUGS was meant to be a "temporary measure" that
> somehow lasted 4 years.
>
> Anyone who wants to take on upgrading/replacing PUGS is very welcome, as
> long as you provide some way to migrate the historical content, and some
> way for me to manage it *other than* CVS.

I can do the drupal installation, style it like the rest of the
PostgreSQL site and migrate the content.  I could have it all wrapped
up by the end of November. I've got the conference, and then I'm going
to NOLA for a week at the end of Oct, or I'd have it done sooner.

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
PDXPUG - Portland PostgreSQL Users Group