Re: is my pgsql 32 or 64 bit?

From: "Jim Stalewski" <JStalewski(at)VisaLighting(dot)com>
To: "Justin Vassallo" <justin(dot)vassallo(at)ixaris(dot)com>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: is my pgsql 32 or 64 bit?
Date: 2007-10-09 20:55:29
Lists: pgsql-novice

I'd suggest that the clue would be the "on xxxx" part of the line.

I386-pc-solaris2.10 - sounds 32-bit to me. Intel 386 platform is
32-bit.

If this was a binary package for their 32-bit Solaris version, and
you've got it on a 64-bit box, either SPARC or IA64 or AMD64, then it
proves they've got binary compatibility between their 32-bit and 64-bit
platforms. If your OS is i386 Solaris, it's probably a 32-bit OS
version.