Re: With 4 disks should I go for RAID 5 or RAID 10

From: Vivek Khera <vivek(at)khera(dot)org>
To: pgsql-performance Performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: With 4 disks should I go for RAID 5 or RAID 10
Date: 2007-12-27 16:26:58
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Dec 26, 2007, at 4:28 PM, david(at)lang(dot)hm wrote:

> now, if you can afford solid-state drives which don't have noticable
> seek times, things are completely different ;-)

Who makes one with "infinite" lifetime? The only ones I know of are
built using RAM and have disk drive backup with internal monitoring
are *really* expensive.

I've pondered building a raid enclosure using these new SATA flash
drives, but that would be an expensive brick after a short period as
one of my DB servers...