Installing postgressql for use with Redmine

From: "Thomas, Sean" <thomasse(at)JRMC(dot)ORG>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Installing postgressql for use with Redmine
Date: 2011-03-11 20:26:32
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,

I was going through the process of installing Ruby on Windows Server
2008 for use with Redmine. After executing rake db:migrate, I was
confronted with an error that I needed to do:

gem install activerecord-postgres-adapter ....   however the gem wasn't
present. Found a forum indicating that this wasn't really a gem, that I
needed to either do one of the following:

gem install postgres   or..

gem install pg

At which point it gripped that the development kit needed installing. I
followed the instructions here:

https://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/wiki/Development-Kit

and now when trying either to install postgres or pg it tells me "Could
not create makefile for some reason, probably lack of necessray
libraries and/or headers. Check the mkmf.log...."

I installed PostGresSQL with the Windows installer exe provided on
postgresql.org

Can anyone tell me what I'm supposed to be doing here? I'm completely
new to both ruby and postgres.

Thanks!

Sean Thomas

NOTICE:

This email contains confidential or proprietary information that may be legally privileged.
It is intended only for the named recipient(s). If an addressing or transmission error has
misdirected the email, please notify the author by replying to this message. If you are not
the named recipient, you are not authorized to use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or
rely on this email, and should immediately delete it from your computer system.

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Chetan SuttrawayDate: 2011-03-14 06:21:06