RE: Configuring ODBC

From: s0lao(at)netscape(dot)net (S(dot) L(dot))
To: tblum(at)jus(dot)gov(dot)ar ("Tamara D(dot) Blum")
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: Configuring ODBC
Date: 2001-08-24 07:00:19
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
"Tamara D. Blum" <tblum(at)jus(dot)gov(dot)ar> wrote:

>Hi, it is again me !!
>I could finally run postgresql, and i created a new database and a new table there. I also add a record in that table and now i want to view it from Access or StarOffice using ODBC.
>I there any command i have to run to access data (i've installed the postgresql ODBC driver in Windows) ?

There are not many ODBC command line clients :) The easiest way to test your ODBC installation is using MSQuery.
If you are asking about postgresql side, there is an option you must verify NOT to be set: in $PGDATA/pg_hba.conf, at the "host" line for the host you want to access the server from, the last word should not be "crypt". The windows driver doesn't support that feature.

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of buying online with Shop(at)Netscape!

pgsql-cygwin by date