possible odbc driver bug with postgresql-7.4

From: Caio Begotti <caio(at)ueberalles(dot)net>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: possible odbc driver bug with postgresql-7.4
Date: 2006-12-12 11:42:20
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hello list, I've contacted Peter Eisentraut (the current Debian
maintainer of odbc-postgresql) and now I'm sending to you the same
message I've sent to him. I hope you guys have any clue regarding
this not-confirmed-bug...

> To: petere(at)debian(dot)org
> Subject: possible odbc driver bug with postgresql-7.4
>
> Hi, I'm contacting you before the actual ODBC driver maintainers
> 'cause maybe you can have an idea about it.
>
> Please read http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=8513 for more
> details (it's related to using the ODBC driver you do maintain do
> connect PGSQL-7.4 with the Asterisk PBX packages from Debian).
> We've been unable to get SQLGetData to work with chunking and the
> code is just pulling the OID of the blog, and not the actual blob...

I've tried to change my data field type from oid to lo but it didn't
work.
I've tried using the ODBC connector with PGSQL-8.1 as well, and it
didn't work.

Manually exporting the large object using lo_export works, so there's
something recorded there.
Inserting in the database works as well, but getting the data back
out does not.

Please let me know how I could make sure it's indeed a ODBC problem
or SELECT/INSERT issue and how I could provide to you more useful
information to track this problem and close it as soo as we can :-)

PS: the version of every package involved in this issue came from
Debian Etch, which is now frozen for release

Cheers and thank you guys in advance!

--
caio[1982] begotti
http://caio.ueberalles.net

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: bartekDate: 2006-12-12 15:23:57