Re: Decreasing BLKSZ

From: "Marc Morin" <marc(at)sandvine(dot)com>
To: "Bucky Jordan" <bjordan(at)lumeta(dot)com>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Markus Schaber" <schabi(at)logix-tt(dot)com>, <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Decreasing BLKSZ
Date: 2006-09-26 21:36:04
Lists: pgsql-performance

Yes, that is our application. We have implemented both scenarios...

1- partitions loaded without indexes on them.. And build index "when
partition is full". Slow to drill down into incomplete partitions.
2- paritions with index as loaded. Slow, on insert (problem mentioned)
but good to drill down....

So, I'd like my cake and eat it too... :-)

I'd like to have my indexes built as rows are inserted into the
partition so help with the drill down...