unsubscribe

From: "Mahesh Vyas" <mvyas(at)quark(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2005-10-06 04:32:49
Lists: pgsql-odbc

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-odbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org [mailto:pgsql-odbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of Lothar Behrens
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 9:49 AM
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org> <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [ODBC] Insecurity of ODBC debug logging files

Am 05.10.2005 um 21:08 schrieb Dave Page:

>> But even then, a log file will frequently contain sensitive data (eg,
>> credit card numbers appearing in INSERT statements).
>> Seems to me that there should also be some care taken to make the log
>> file not world-readable.
>
> I'll have a look at writing them with mode 600 on *nix. On Win9x and
> NT based systems with FAT partitions there's nothing we can do of course.
> I'd rather not make the filenames unpredicatable though as that'll
> make it difficult for us to tell users how to track down the right
> debug log.

Hi,

what about a special database type like sensitive or an encrypted column type ?
If the ODBC driver comes across of such a column, it could be masked out as well.

Regards, Lothar

> Regards, Dave.

Lothar Behrens	|	Rapid Prototyping ...
Rosmarinstr 3		|
40235 Düsseldorf  	|	www.lollisoft.de

       match

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Bazil RoshanDate: 2005-10-07 12:10:27