Re: Dell Perc/6

From: Tore Halset <halset(at)pvv(dot)ntnu(dot)no>
To: Craig James <craig_james(at)emolecules(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Dell Perc/6
Date: 2008-02-13 10:02:23
Lists: pgsql-performance
Hello.

I think I started that discussion. We ended up buying a Dell 2900 with
PERC 6/i and 10 * 145GB SAS 3,5" 15KRpm discs. 6 of the SAS discs are
in a raid 10 for the database, 2 in a mirror for the wal and the last
2 in a mirror for the OS. We get 350MB/s writing and 380MB/s reading
to/from the raid 10 area using dd. The OS is Ubuntu and the filesystem
for the raid 10 is ext3.

The box is still under testing, but we plan to set it in production
this week.

Regards,
  - Tore.