Re: controlling autovacuum during the day.

From: "John Lister" <john(dot)lister-ps(at)kickstone(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: controlling autovacuum during the day.
Date: 2008-12-17 12:56:49
Lists: pgsql-admin
I'd like to use autovacuum to clean up the tables rather than schedule a
full vacuum with cron as it will be more selective/intelligent about what
gets cleaned. But is it possible to stop it running during peak/office
hours?

I've seen a post mention using pg_autovacuum.enabled to do this, but this
appears to be on a per table basis... I'd like to do this across the board,
without restarting the db. Is this possible or do i need to insert every
table into pg_autovacuum and run a script that sets the enabled flag as
appropriate?

Thanks
--

Got needs? Get Goblin'! - http://www.pricegoblin.co.uk/