From: "Andy Kelk" <andy(at)venda(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Introduction
Date: 2002-08-06 11:02:53
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Hello all,

I thought I should introduce myself as having just subscribed and being
interested in the topic.

About me:
I'm working on both Linux and Win2K Systems. Our production systems have
just moved from being on SQL Server 2000 to PostgreSQL. Being very used
to being a DBA on SQL Server 2000, I am now adjusting my thinking to
work with Postgres. Thus, when I found pgAdmin I was delighted. I have
found it to be very useful and an invaluable tool. So thank you for

I've done some vb in my time and have already downloaded the tarball for
pgAdmin 2 and made a couple of changes locally to my copy just to
reflect a few gui things that I am used to in SQL Server Query Analyser.

I don't know if anyone else would want them but the couple of things I
did were:

- Allowing just a section of the SQL Query window to be executed. E.g.
if you have two select statements in the same window, you can drag a
selection over just one of them and hit execute and just the selected
text is executed instead of all of it.

- Using F5 as a keyboard shortcut for "execute".

These are rather minor changes (about 10 changed lines in total) so if
anyone else would like to use them I will forward them on.

Anyway. Hello.

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2002-08-06 11:41:06