pgAdmin3 on Linux

From: Jarosław Nozderko <jaroslaw(dot)nozderko(at)polkomtel(dot)com(dot)pl>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgAdmin3 on Linux
Date: 2003-08-18 11:47:51
Lists: pgadmin-support
Hi,

 I'm quite new to pgAdmin and wxWindows and that's
probably the reason of my troubles. I have RedHat 7.3
with kernel upgraded to 2.4.21-xfs and standard compiler.

First, I've installed wxWindows:

ftp://ftp6.pl.postgresql.org/pub/postgresql/pgadmin3/wxWindows/wxWindows-pgAdmin3-20030722.tar.gz

$ ./configure

Configured wxWindows 2.5.0 for `i686-pc-linux-gnu'

  Which GUI toolkit should wxWindows use?                 GTK
  Should wxWindows be compiled into single library?       yes
  Should wxWindows be compiled in debug mode?             no
  Should wxWindows be linked as a shared library?         yes
  Should wxWindows be compiled in Unicode mode?           no
  What level of wxWindows compatibility should be enabled?
                                       wxWindows 2.0      no
                                       wxWindows 2.2      no
                                       wxWindows 2.4      yes
  Which libraries should wxWindows use?
                                       jpeg               sys
                                       png                sys
                                       regex              sys
                                       tiff               sys
                                       zlib               sys
                                       odbc               no

'make' and 'make install' done without problems, then I tried
to build pgAdmin:

ftp://ftp6.pl.postgresql.org/pub/postgresql/pgadmin3/beta/src/pgadmin3-0.9.0.tar.gz

configure didn't report any problems, but compilation failed
with error messages about lacking files:

pgAdmin3.cpp:18:27: wx/xrc/xmlres.h
../src/include/ctlSQLBox.h:16:24: wx/stc/stc.h

Is something wrong with wxWindows installation ?
Did I miss something obvious ? Did anyone successfully build
pgAdmin3 on Linux ?

Regards,
Jarek

Jaroslaw Nozderko
GSM +48 601131870 / Kapsch (22) 6075013
jaroslaw(dot)nozderko(at)polkomtel(dot)com(dot)pl
IT/CCBS/RS - Analyst Programmer

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2003-08-18 12:07:00