Re: RFE: Transparent encryption on all fields

From: Sam Halliday <sam(dot)halliday(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RFE: Transparent encryption on all fields
Date: 2009-04-27 08:24:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Not looking for a Windows solution. Must be cross platform and work
for headless machines, laptops and desktops. Encrypted drive solutions
fall short of these requirements. Other considerations which rule out
encrypted drives have been discussed earlier in the thread.

For the record, I have a working solution at the moment that involves
using an encrypted drive and a manual per-user startup sequence. *I am
not looking for user advice*, this is an RFE for an additional server-
side encryption approach to security.

--
Sam