Restoring sequence values

From: Bendik Rognlien Johansen <bendik(dot)johansen(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Restoring sequence values
Date: 2005-11-17 17:40:15
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hello!

Is there any way to restore the value of sequences when using
pg_restore on a custom format (pg_dump -c) dump file?

Also is there an easy way to copy a database from one machine to
another?

I have tried using pg_dump/pg_restore, but this does not work well
because the order of the objects get mixed up (Lots of foreign keys
etc.) I have tried using a list file, but wading through hundreds of
functions is tedious.

Thanks

pgsql-novice by date