create database from text file, to delete columns

From: e-letter <inpost(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: create database from text file, to delete columns
Date: 2008-04-02 14:56:24
Lists: pgsql-novice
Readers,

I am using a program that saves data in csv format. I have realised
that I cannot view the file in my spreadsheet due to 256 column limit.

I think that I need to import the file into a database. Then I want to
review, then delete columns with null data.

I guess I can use the 'copy from' command? Also I do not know the
total number of columns so can I import into an empty database and the
columns are automatically created from the end of each line?

Yours,

postgresqlnovice(at)conference(dot)jabber(dot)org

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Sean DavisDate: 2008-04-02 15:02:13
Previous:From: Eyenga, PattyDate: 2008-04-01 14:59:00
Subject: PGRcreateConn():Retry. h_errno is 1,reason is 'fe_sendauth: no password supplied