view database, tables, columns

From: e-letter <inpost(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: view database, tables, columns
Date: 2008-01-27 09:24:57
Lists: pgsql-novice

Readers,

I've created a database. I couldn't find any documentation to help me
with the following questions.

How do I see a list of the names of databases that I've created?
How do I see the name of the table(s) of a database?
How do I see the names of columns within a table?

I can see the information using the program pgadmin 3, but I want to
learn how to see this information from the command terminal.

Yours,

postgresql 826
mandriva 2007

postgresqlnovice(at)conference(dot)jabber(dot)org