Re: jaguar is up

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: ohp(at)pyrenet(dot)fr
Cc: pgsql-hackers list <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: jaguar is up
Date: 2007-11-28 17:45:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers
ohp(at)pyrenet(dot)fr writes:
> Jaguar is a new animal meant  to test specific defines as asked by  Tom
> sometime ago.

> Right now, it compiles and runs with  -DCLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS

Cool, how long does it take to run the regression tests?

> Let me know if you want me to add/change flags

Awhile back I got burnt by a gap in that testing methodology:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2006-12/msg00237.php

I didn't do anything about it at the time, but now I am tempted to
modify LookupOpclassInfo() so that CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS disables
its internal cache.  Any objections?