Re: BUG #1547: CREATE TYPE AS error

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
Cc: Diego Cattelan <netmaniac(at)libero(dot)it>,"pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #1547: CREATE TYPE AS error
Date: 2005-04-11 14:54:43
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org> writes:
> In the following message, the OP says that CREATE TYPE works if he
> installs PostgreSQL as a service but it doesn't work if he installs
> PostgreSQL as a program (can anybody think of why this would make
> a difference?).

I found it just about impossible to believe ;-)

I have seen people make such reports because they mistakenly connected
to some other server entirely while trying to test one of the two
supposedly similar installations.  If the other server is of an old
version then it might not have CREATE TYPE AS, for instance.