Re: Primary key violation

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: bmp(at)ipath(dot)net(dot)in
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Primary key violation
Date: 2003-04-25 20:32:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs
bmp(at)ipath(dot)net(dot)in writes:
> We were using postgresql for our development for two years. The database which we are using is having no problem till last week.Now we are using version 7.2 of postgresql.

If you are still on 7.2, and not 7.2.4, you should update.  Immediately.

> In this week, we got two major bugs in database. They are,

Did you have any system or database crashes before that?  These sound
like the kind of thing you could get after a crash, or an attempt to
backup/restore a live database using tar, or something else that would
allow files to get out of sync.