UPDATE with database name alias

From: andres(at)sayago(dot)info
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: UPDATE with database name alias
Date: 2005-09-19 18:08:26
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello friends.

I'm new in this list, but not in the database world. I have a question and
I need yout colaboration.

I am programming with JDeveloper 10g, and I want to use PostgreSQL
database. I'm using Oracle but I wanna do the migration. But, I have a big
problem: I use PostgreSQL with ADF and ADF uses aliasses for the database
name when it need to do a UPDATE. Example:

UPDATE conference_romms ConferenceRooms
SET ConferenceRooms.room_name = 'Golden'
WHERE ConferenceRooms.room_id = 57;

That sentence fail because the UPDATE clause don't support aliasses.

I'm thinking right? Or I am mistaked.

PostgreSQL don't support database name aliasses for the UPDATE option??

How can I do it??

Thanks,

Andrés Säyago
Bogotá D.C., Colombia