Re: Failure in "make check" with 7.4RC2

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: drotschm(at)fgan(dot)de
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Failure in "make check" with 7.4RC2
Date: 2003-11-12 23:30:03
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Wolfgang Drotschmann <drotschm(at)fgan(dot)de> writes:
> relocation error:
> /home/drotschm/.Installation/postgresql-7.4RC2/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/install//PostgreSQL//bin/createdb:
> undefined symbol: get_progname
> pg_regress: createdb failed

Hmm. get_progname() should be getting linked into the createdb
executable by way of libpgport.a from the src/port/ directory.
Can you look at the build process in src/port/ and src/bin/scripts/
and try to see what went wrong? The only idea that comes to mind
is that a wrong (old) copy of libpgport got picked up somehow, but
seeing that we don't install it, it's not clear how there could be
an old copy anywhere.