Re: fix for windows breakage in regression script

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: fix for windows breakage in regression script
Date: 2005-01-15 06:01:50
Lists: pgsql-patches
"Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> writes:
> Tom Lane said:
>> [ scratches head... ]  Why isn't the #undef in pg_config_manual.h
>> firing on Cygwin?

> But on Cygwin, WIN32 is only defined if windows.h has been included (See
> previous discussion - I recall advocating NOT using WIN32 as a marker for
> just this reason).

Urgh ... so it's only because windows.h isn't included till later that
it works properly.

I'm not sure that we need the code in pg_config_manual.h anymore anyway
--- the configure test should be covering this.  But just before release
is no time to be fooling with such things.

I did add cygwin to the unix_socket=no case in pg_regress, and I'm
inclined to leave it that way because it's really the minimal change
from the script's previous behavior on cygwin.  Do you see a strong
reason for undoing that?