Re: bytea size limit?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Privat <michael(at)ceci(dot)mit(dot)edu>, pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com,"pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: bytea size limit?
Date: 2004-04-12 04:23:34
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com> writes:
> ... using the V3 extended query protocol (this requires a number of
> other driver changes, as at a minimum the driver will need to split up
> queries that contain multiple statements)

This is a bit off the thread topic, but: does the JDBC spec actually
allow/expect multiple SQL commands in a query?  Some people thought that
the V3 restriction to one command per query string was a Good Thing
because it helps guard against SQL-injection attacks when an application
is careless about inserting untrustworthy text into a command string.
If you don't have a spec requirement to cope with this, then I'd advise
against adding code to support it.