Re: License For Contribution [Was: Re: Ready to launch?]

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Omar Kilani <omar(at)tinysofa(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: License For Contribution [Was: Re: Ready to launch?]
Date: 2004-12-20 23:59:50
Lists: pgsql-www
Omar Kilani <omar(at)tinysofa(dot)org> writes:
> The elephant in the announcement box on the front page is a licensed
> derivative work of a royalty free image, and Emily Boyd grants the
> PostgreSQL Global Development Group the right to use said image on the
> postgresql.org website.
>
> Use by PostgreSQL International sites is possible, but a right to use
> must be granted by Emily Boyd for each licensee, as per the terms of the
> original license on the image.

Hmm.  As phrased, this would seem to require Emily to write a grant for
each Postgres mirror site.  While she might be happy to do that, I think
it'd become a bookkeeping nightmare in no time.  If the license you have
for the image requires these sorts of pushups then I agree with Joshua
--- we should look elsewhere.

Could we see the exact terms under which you licensed the image?