COMMENT on "osc_zones" ...... ERROR at the opening quotation

From: joe speigle <joeofclew(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: COMMENT on "osc_zones" ...... ERROR at the opening quotation
Date: 2007-01-17 16:19:01
Lists: pgsql-novice

hello guys,
this is one admin from the mysql2psql.perl gborg site
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/mysql2psql/projdisplay.php
is its homepage
we are adding support for mysql comments and can generate the following
comment commands:
COMMENT ON "osc_zones"."zone_country_id" IS 'zone country id here
comment';
COMMENT ON "osc_zones" IS 'must be country zones';
the quotes are there in case people do not want their table names to all
be lowercased. When the conversion script (mysql -> pg) you can specify a
flag --lowercase which will lowercase them. If that's not set, they are
put in quotes. If quotes are used, the above generate errors.
Isn't that valid, or doesn't the COMMENT command allow quotes?
I searched the internet but couldn't find an answer there, I only found
examples which did not include quotes.

thank you,

joesp

Never Miss an Email