generating UPDATE SET ... WHERE PK = ...

From: Laurent ROCHE <laurent_roche(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: generating UPDATE SET ... WHERE PK = ...
Date: 2007-10-31 00:17:27
Lists: pgadmin-support
Hi,

I would like to generate with a request a SQL order like
UPDATE tab1
 SET col_a = ?, col_b = ? ...
WHERE pk = ?

for each table of a given schema (in fact what I want is slightly more complicated but if I can write the above, I will be able to get the rest).

Will anyone be kind enough to share a piece of code doing this (from pgAdmin may be) ?

Cheers,
L(at)u
The Computing Froggy

pgadmin-support by date