Re: byacc problem with FreeBSD ...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <520083510237-0001(at)t-online(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: byacc problem with FreeBSD ...
Date: 2000-09-25 16:32:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org> writes:
> damn ... I thought that our configure refused anything *but* bison?  how
> come its allowying me to use byacc? :)

I think it should try to use the system yacc if it can't find bison.
It is possible to build our grammar with non-bison yaccs, since we
aren't using any bison-only features (not true for lex/flex,
unfortunately).

Persuading the local yacc to enlarge its tables enough to accept our
grammar is an exercise for the user ;-).  I have some notes about
making HPUX's yacc work in FAQ_HPUX.

But our distro should certainly use bison to build the derived files.
You used to have bison on hub.org, what happened to it?