Re: BUG #4638: Bug with Geometry in Array

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Bjoern Weitzig" <weitzig(at)supportgis(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #4638: Bug with Geometry in Array
Date: 2009-02-03 17:43:22
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Bjoern Weitzig" <weitzig(at)supportgis(dot)de> writes:
> I use arrays like "select array(select n from a)". This works well except of
> the case with geometry as datatype.

The geometry type intentionally uses ':' as the array delimiter. It
seems like a good bet that the JDBC driver you're using doesn't expect
anything but ',' as array delimiter. I checked with the postgis-devel
list and they recommend using the modified JDBC driver that's
distributed with postgis.
http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-1.3.6SVN/ch04.html#id2726248