Re: Supplemental contrib docs

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>, pgsqlrpms-hackers(at)pgfoundry(dot)org, Tino Wildenhain <tino(at)wildenhain(dot)de>, Andre Truter <linux(at)trusoft(dot)co(dot)za>, PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Supplemental contrib docs
Date: 2006-01-04 05:03:56
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-general

> Well, I assumed Tom was referring to placement in the source tree, i.e.
> {prefix} is contrib/dblink, etc.

I'm concerned about both location in the source tree (dblink and
tsearch2 are inconsistent) and location in the installation tree.
The former seems easy to resolve: doc/ is the universal standard
directory name for documentation, not docs/. I am not sure that
we want to commit to creating a pile of subdirectories under the
installation doc/ directory, though. If they were mostly full,
fine, but a bunch of directories that are mostly empty would just
be clutter. Maybe create subdirectories only for modules that
have 'em in the source tree?