Re: profiling connection overhead

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: profiling connection overhead
Date: 2010-11-24 18:06:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> OK, patch attached.

Two comments:

1. A comment would help, something like "Assert we released all buffer pins".

2. AtProcExit_LocalBuffers should be redone the same way, for
consistency (it likely won't make any performance difference).
Note the comment for AtProcExit_LocalBuffers, too; that probably
needs to be changed along the lines of "If we missed any, and
assertions aren't enabled, we'll fail later in DropRelFileNodeBuffers
while trying to drop the temp rels".